Aqua-Spark is a global investment fund that makes investments in sustainable aquaculture businesses that generate investment returns while creating positive social and environmental impact. The fund is building an ecosystem of small to medium-sized enterprises across the global aquaculture value chain to make aquaculture more sustainable, healthier and more accessible for all. You work in a great team, where communication is key! You report to the Investment Director.
- Is responsible for reaching an optimum result for the fund’s investors and portfolio companies within the context of Aqua-Spark’s investment strategy and impact objectives.
- Is responsible for the (coordination of the) due diligence process on portfolio investments, which includes in-depth due diligence on the team, company financials and returns, impact factors, deal structure, investment amount, risk assessment, product and market description, etc.
- Make thorough analyses of various investment cases with responsibility for on- and off-site due diligence on potential portfolio investments, including in-depth due diligence on the team, company financials and returns, impact factors, deal structure, investment amount, risk. assessment, product and market description, negotiate term sheets, etc..
- Monitor, support and manage portfolio companies’ performance, amongst others by being in close contact with the CEO and/or CFO and analyzing the portfolio companies quarterly reports, etc.;
- Writing reports and presenting to relevant stakeholders including Managing Partners and Investment Committee on portfolio companies;
- Writes investment proposals for the investment committee regarding potential investments describing findings in the due diligence process.
- Plays an active role in presenting investment opportunities to the Investment Team and the Managing Partners.
- Shows leadership and engagement with defining new investment process improvements to promote efficiency and scalability.
- Proactively build sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders such as portfolio companies, experts and consultants, investors, etc., and professionally represent Aqua-Spark at conferences and events in order to connect with and establish professional relationships. As needed, the Investment Manager will connect with and establish relationships within the worldwide Aqua-Spark network.
The successful candidate is able to:
- successfully lead and complete an investment process;
- work together with the team to set the key performance indicators for the portfolio companies and monitor both financial and non-financial performance of the existing portfolio investments;
- build (pro-actively) sustainable relationships with internal and external stakeholders and professionally represent Aqua-Spark at conferences and events in order to connect with and establish relationships within the worldwide Aqua-Spark network;
- work closely together with the deal team (for deal sourcing & selection, financial information and recommendations;
- keep up-to-date on information that is relevant to the aquaculture industry and Aqua-Spark’s value chain and develop the skillsets and knowledge to specialize in aquaculture and its (financial) markets;
What does it take to be successful working at Aqua-Spark?
- At least 3 years of working experience in investing and conducting due diligence.
- Experience in working with SMEs, preferably with a sustainability, environmental and/or social focus.
- Experience with dealing with an independent investment committee.
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business/Finance or similar discipline and 5 or more years of professional working experience for example in impact investing, PE/VC, corporate finance or business development.
- Broad interest in and understanding of world business and financial affairs and awareness of trends in the relevant (financial) markets.
- Understanding of the global food production and the agri-/aquaculture industry and willingness to follow trends and developments in aquaculture.
- Excellent financial and analytical skills, including experience with financial modelling.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Excellent writing and oral communication skills, with a high degree of professionalism in English.
- Experience with business planning and processing legal documentation/information.
- Must be proficient in Apple, Microsoft Office with familiarity with databases and excellent IT/computer skills in general.
An excellent salary package including participation profit sharing, and a truly impactful role within a great entrepreneurial and global organization that is growing fast. Contact information For more information or if you want to apply directly, contact Marjolein Jetten: [email protected] and Sophie van Dongen: [email protected]