This position has since been filled by us. Thank you for your interest. Should you be interested in a position at Aqua-Spark, please check this page and or our LinkedIn page regularly. We look forward to hearing from you in the future.
Investor Relations Associate (Fulltime, Utrecht, the Netherlands)
Aqua-Spark is a global investment fund that makes investments in sustainable aquaculture businesses that generate investment returns while creating positive social and environmental impact. The fund is building an ecosystem of small to medium-sized enterprises across the global aquaculture value chain to make aquaculture more sustainable, healthier and more accessible for all. You work in a great team, where communication is key! You report to the Chief Development Officer.
Aqua-Spark’s Investor Relations Associate focusses on helping the IR team realize Aqua-Spark’s ambitious growth. You do this, hand in hand with the CDO and the IR Manager, by taking a supporting role in executing the investor relations strategy. Additionally, the position is responsible for analyzing data on Aqua-Spark’s investor base and our broader community in order to drive better understanding of Aqua-Spark’s positioning and emerging trends for the management team. They will support with crafting the company’s messaging for the community including update calls, investor presentations, conferences, roadshows, etc..
- Record all interactions with prospective investors into a CRM customer relationship management tool;
- Overseeing the CRM and managing the analytics and reporting. Pro-actively developing new tools/solutions to improve CRM/onboarding and other processes in the IR department;
- Updating investor contact information, overseeing investor services with the fund administrator to ensure information is correct and up-to-date and finalizing the investment process with new incoming investors,assist in the subscription process, KYC check, Fund Administration etc.;
- Ensuring the data room is current for investor due diligence;
- Identifying potential investors and developing proper points of contact, both direct and indirect, in order to develop direct relationships for capital raising;
- Preparing and sending emails, newsletters, reports, investment announcements etc.;
- Supporting with planning of roadshows/ investor events and scheduling appropriate meetings in geographical areas for presentations and ensuring proper follow-up;
- Analyzing key considerations for potential investors and assisting with the preparation of marketing materials;
- Supporting diligence requests and providing professional customer service on incoming inquiries;
- Assisting with initiatives associated with fundraising, marketing and investor relations;
- Initiating direct outreach to potential investors with calls and emails and coordinating meetings to present investment opportunities;
- Mapping and analyzing data of (potential) investors;
- Facilitating the design and maintenance of an outreach and recruitment effort targeting prospective (institutional) limited partnership candidates. Filing of all investor related documents and keeping all relevant investor records, like internal address book, up to date;
- Any other tasks required / projects related to fundraising and investor relations to support the IR Manager and the CDO.
The succesfull candidate has/is:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Economics, Corporate/Finance Communications, or other relevant field;
- At least 2-5 years of experience in a similar position, i.e. in (impact) investing, corporate finance or business development;
- Proficient in Apple, Microsoft Office, Excel, familiarity with CRM systems, (Venturelytics, Salesforce preferred,) databases and excellent IT/computer skills in general;
- Alignment with Aqua-Spark values and interested toward key components of the Aqua-Spark approach;
- A genuine passion for the profit with purpose vision, aligned to the firms work and impact.
Preferred additional qualifications, education, training and/or experience
- A native English speaker;
- Experience working with (institutional) investors and managing day to day relationships;
- An understanding of private equity fund structuring and terms, fund performance metrics and portfolio financials that are critical to the role.
What do you need to be successful?
- Superb accuracy and high attention to detail;
- Strong administrative/organizational skills. You’re good at multitasking and meeting deadlines. You have a hands-on approach to problem solving;
- Effective at managing priorities and meeting given deadlines while being able to excel under pressure;
- Strong verbal and financial analytical skills, including financial modelling and Excel and a strong understanding of financial reports and analytic methods;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in writing, verbally and presenting, with the ability to draft powerful and engaging messages that inspire others, in order to be able to build and maintain collaborative relationships and great for building community;
- Entrepreneurial, team player, innovative, pro-active, flexible and open-minded, creative thinker, ability to adapt to a fast moving and non-traditional working environment;
- Strong project management skills and self-motivated in taking the initiative, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development; High energy and positive team member.
What do we offer?
An excellent salary package including participation profit sharing and a truly impactful role within a great entrepreneurial and global organization that is growing fast. Furthermore, we offer:
- A flexible office policy, including partly working from home.
- Working in an international organisation that values inclusiveness and diversity
- An excellent introduction, quick integration, and opportunities for professional development
- Being part of a highly motivated, diverse and skilled team
- Working in a challenging international environment collaborating within a great team of professionals!
For more information or if you want to apply directly, contact Marjolein Jetten: email@example.com and Sophie van Dongen: firstname.lastname@example.org.