This position has since been filled by us. Thank you for your interest. Should you be interested in a position at Aqua-Spark, please check this page and or our LinkedIn page regularly. We look forward to hearing from you in the future.
Investor Relations Manager (Fulltime, Utrecht, the Netherlands)
Aqua-Spark is a global investment fund that makes investments in sustainable aquaculture businesses that generate investment returns while creating positive social and environmental impact. The fund is building an ecosystem of small to medium-sized enterprises across the global aquaculture value chain to make aquaculture more sustainable, healthier and more accessible for all. You work in a great team, where communication is key! You report to the Chief Development Officer.
The core responsibility of the IR Manager is to build and maintain best-in-class engagement of sustainable relationships with potential and current fund investors, all within the context of Aqua-Spark’s investment strategy and impact objectives.
You assist in further developing an integrated investor relations strategy and look after Limited Partner operations, from prospecting and onboarding, to keeping LPs informed and engaged with Aqua-Spark, including our Africa Fund.
You provides investors with an accurate account of company affairs so private, institutional, and other investors can make informed investment decisions. You actively reach out to potential investors and you follow up on potential investors who reach out to Aqua-Spark. You work alongside Aqua-Spark’s finance, legal, investment and impact/partnerships department and the (external) fund administrator.
The purpose of IR position is to ensure the dissemination of key information that allows investors to determine whether Aqua-Spark is a good investment for their needs. The position works to communicate with investors, shareholders, government organizations and the overall financial community.
The IR Manager’s responsibilities
- Building and maintaining best-in-class engagement sustainable relationships with potential and current fund investors;
- Taking the lead in DD processes, including customizing investor-specific materials to respond to unique requests, completion of due diligence questionnaires (DDQs/RFP’s etc).
- Taking the lead in supporting investors, including the onboarding process, transfer or redemption of their units, quarterly and annual data requests.
- Maintaining the LP Investment Room to ensure regular and systematic reporting with LP contacts, in cooperation with the external fund administrator;
- Keeping all fund marketing materials, data room and DDQ materials up-to-date;
- Mapping and reaching out to the broader private equity and impact marketplace for potential investors and synthesizing relevant information to understand potential investor interest, suitability, and identifying contacts for engagement;
- Coordinating fundraising activities, preparing the leadership team for investor meetings, including systematic tracking of engagement, meeting notes and follow-up actions;
- Preparation and execution of regular LP (update) meetings, including scheduling, defining topic/agenda, preparing presentation and briefing material, briefing speakers, and minuting;
- Coordinating of Quarterly Investor Reports;
- Any other tasks / projects related to Investor Relations.
The succesfull candidate has/is:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business/Communication/ Economics or similar discipline;
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position, i.e. (impact) investing, (corporate) finance, Investor Relations or business development;
- A genuine passion for the profit with purpose and vision, aligned to the firms work and impact;
- A solid background, with a robust understanding of private equity fund structuring and terms, fund performance metrics and portfolio financials that are critical to the role;
- Alignment with Aqua-Spark values and interested toward key components of the Aqua-Spark approach;
- Proficient in Apple, Microsoft Office, Excel, familiarity with CRM systems (Venturelytics, Salesforce preferred) databases and excellent IT/computer skills in general.
Preferred additional qualifications, education, training and/or experience
- A native English speaker;
- Understanding of the global food production and the agri-/aquaculture industry;
- Experience with fundraising, brings network of (potential) investors.
What do you need to be successful?
- The ability to effectively communicate with a diverse global group of investors, including senior executives at institutional investors, and the internal Aqua-Spark team, in a way that demonstrates an understanding of the strategic imperatives for them, across written and verbal mediums;
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills, with an ability to draft professional high level reports and messages for prospective and current investors;
- Intellectual drive and strong analytical capacity, verbally and financially. Ability to analyze information and present compelling arguments, quickly grasping and effectively communicating concepts to diverse audiences;
- Strong understanding of financial reports and analytic methods;
- Superb accuracy, high attention to detail;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to multi-task, effective at managing priorities, meeting given deadlines while being able to excel under pressure and follow-up actions and a hands-on approach to problem solving;
- Entrepreneurial, team player, innovative, pro-active, flexible and open-minded, creative thinker, ability to adapt to a fast moving and non-traditional working environment;
- Strong project management skills and self-motivated in taking initiative, both with respect to managing workload and own professional development;
- Eager to learn, broad interests with an understanding of world business, financial affairs and an awareness of trends and current activity in the relevant markets of the aqua-/agriculture/ global food production industry;
- High personal integrity, including the capacity to discretely handle highly confidential and sensitive information;
- High energy and a positive team member.
What do we offer?
An excellent salary package including participation profit sharing and a truly impactful role within a great entrepreneurial and global organization that is growing fast. Furthermore, we offer:
- A flexible office policy, including partly working from home.
- Working in an international organisation that values inclusiveness and diversity
- An excellent introduction, quick integration, and opportunities for professional development
- Being part of a highly motivated, diverse and skilled team
- Working in a challenging international environment collaborating within a great team of professionals!
For more information or if you want to apply directly, contact Marjolein Jetten: email@example.com and Sophie van Dongen: firstname.lastname@example.org.